Skip to main content

Oppenheimer

 

Ok, this might be my 4th draft of today. If I can't keep writing, it might be fatigue. But if I can, that's great too. (Ok yea, I am on the second paragraph, and I am definitely fatigued. Let's stick to one review per day.)

Oppenheimer, I got to this move too late, I know. I watched it a whole year after the Barbenheimer thing happened. I saw Barbie sometime in fall last semester, but only now resolved to finally watch Oppenheimer. In my defense, it is a long commitment. 3 hours. Some old hindi movies used to be 3 hours and I could rarely tolerate those. I still remember how long the songs were in Munna bhai and Lage raho munna bhai.

Regardless, now that I have sat through three hours of this beauty, what do I think? I think it was hella artsy. I haven't seen a movie this artsy since I used to keep oscar movies checklists back in 2019. I used to watch all the oscar nominated movies, and I would feel like a true connoisseur of sorts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cinnabon Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory

  There is some wisdom here that tells me to upload the review of this before anything else because I am afraid I might forget what mental notes I made about the cheesecake. So ok, this is my first of 5 drafts, I have many articles lined up after this.  It was my birthday on 11 July, but I was quite busy back then, so I instead redeemed by free Cheesecake Factory slice on the 25th of July. I had a wonderful day, and I journaled it all so if anyone is interested  feel free to leave a like or a comment, and I might share that entry.  Focussing back, the cheesecake pictures above is a recommendation of the bartender there. I had come there twice before and tried the coconut cheesecake, and another flavor I am not able to properly recall. But I remember they were very stuffy. I had gone with one other person first, and then 2 other people, and it was hard both times to complete the cake. So I was aware that if I planned to have the cheesecake at 3 PM, I would have to mak...

Lessons in Chemistry (TV and Novel)

  I do not know if anyone is gonna read this, but for context, this and the next 5 reviews were all written on the same day. So apologies if the quality of any of the reviews feels low (me pretending like all the reviews are earth shattering masterpiece essays). I still haven't zeroed in on what I do exactly. I don't review this stuff, because I need to review for someone, writing all this for myself doesn't indicated a review, more like a thought journal. Yea, they're jus thoughts. So what did I think of Lessons in Chemistry? My fingers have an urge to type out "Eh", but the truth is, it's more like "Ew". Let's start with the book, because that's what I picked up first. I saw Lessons in Chemistry being reviewed by my local library. In that review written by Mary I., she says "This story is rich and complex, the characters witty (the good ones) and sometimes unbearable (the bad ones,) and it is guaranteed you will not stop turning th...

Superman 2025

Superman is a classic superhero. He has been around for almost a century and provided inspiration to children and adults alike. He has a certain righteousness that is unparalleled by any other superhero I have ever read about. He isn’t the best or most interesting superhero, but Superman carries himself in a status that isn’t built as easily as other people think. In this essay I will iterate why I think Superman is the morally best superhero and why being him is difficult. (And some thoughts on the 2025 movie) The most memorable thing about superheroes will always be their origin stories. Spiderman had uncle ben, Batman has his parents, and the Flash has his mom. Superman has no real tragedies that motivate him against evil. He has two healthy parents who just raised him to be a good person. Sure, he lost his entire civilization of Krypton, but he was a baby when it happened and maybe he may feel alienated (pun intended), but he cannot feel traumatized enough to do good because of tha...