Skip to main content

HuMan preps for the GRE


 Continuing with the next phase of my life, I am now nearing the end of my graduation after a 4 year engineering degree. I guess, there really isn't any harm in dreaming big because well, I am now going to try to move out, again. Growing up in Kuwait towards my 18th birthday I was really getting sick and bored of the comfort and that happened to be at the perfect time to start my engineering in MANIT Bhopal. Since then I have been fairly inactive on this blog, I've become mentally healthier, I have gained friends and learnt what it's like to be a good friend too. It's been a long ride, one that at some point I was ready to write a book on, since the last 2 years especially have been exhausting, with dengue, jaundice, multiple infections, it has been quite a ride. 

Anyway, I am in full flow of preparing for my GRE exam now to pursue further studies in a master's program abroad, most probably the USA, but let us see. I am ready to keep my options open. This blog's primary purpose was to initially realize my dream of writing. Writing about the things I like and want to write about. One that I have been very inconsistent with as it may be evident, but one that I rediscover every time I feel like that fire has been extinguished inside of me. While not active on this blog I considered writing my own book about me and the people I love and all that I have learnt from them, and somewhere in between a caption reviews concept on Instagram.



The AWA section on the GRE is a blessing in disguise I guess. AWA stands for Analytical Writing Assessment that consists of 2 types of essays to be written during the exam that are evaluated by someone some time after the test is conducted. And I have been practicing to improve my essay writing skills and in that I find this essay writing to be my most adored section of the exam. It has an uncertain evaluation sure, but writing it is so so fun. To be allowed to flex your creativity and thought process and have someone read it and evaluate it is something I never thought I wanted but slowly the dialogue "Did you read my essay?" is very slowly and powerfully growing on me.

Regardless, I shall be posting on this blog the essays I write and some travel stories when they happen, and some personal updates. Not personal life personal, more like where I am and what I am doing, try and keep this writing thing active even after my I am done with my GRE. I really don't know if anyone is reading this. Even if you are can't guarantee you're following, probably on a web surfing spree. But nonetheless, one of my inchoate goals for this blog was for you to 'relish' in what you find here. And I still do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HuMan's thoughts on: George Orwell's 1984

Recently, I had a quick fleeting recommendation to peruse George Orwell's 1984. Its increasing relevance in today's time period as social media sites and technology aim to do precisely that which is described in this book contains more forethought than one would expect from a writer during the industrial revolution. So I picked it up, as in, I downloaded an epub file from the internet and employed my trustee Google Books app to create a simulation of the book on my phone and completed it in a mere 5 days. Without giving too much away, the base premise basically describes modern-day China. In that, every single person living is under a regime that is constantly watching them. 1984 has a slight bit of confusion though.  Before it can really embed itself upon me as genuinely being a good book, it first has to decide what kind of book it is. 1984 takes ample time and liberal descriptions to describe each and every contemplation of thought that goes on in our protagonist's mind

An Ode to Video games

 Boredom can give rise to a lot of things, for me lately, an addiction to writing has really gotten to my head. So here, just a little something I ended up typing to my friend Shruti in a matter of 30 mins when I thought she was offline (But somehow wasn't): Yknow, I want something, that which i cannot say, I want something, that which i cannot describe, I want something, that which i cannot ask for, I want something, something prehistoric, something atavistic, something uncultured, Remnants of a past hobby, Withered, but present, With influence so grand, so emminent, so irresistible One that engenders shivers, goosebumps, and naive exploitable excitement A grating decay of a plane, damp sounds of battering bones and swift stabs that atrophy Explosions that stupor, stories that inspire, and zombies that devour Not trite, not grindy, but one with an end Not limited, not unfathomable, but lovable Addicting, but not degrading Reviving not enervating One that tests skills, not temper a

HuMan's Book Review: Go Suck a Lemon by Michael Cornwall

  Going through life's ups and downs one eventually in today's times resorts to self help books. Prior to this one I read The Secret. The main point of The Secret over its entire run was to think positive and to think of only good outcomes and to manifest it to yourself. Letting the power of the universe serve you. Go Suck a Lemon isn't much different. Repeating one ideal over and over again till it embeds itself into your natural thinking and instincts seems to be a pattern that works pretty effectively. However while The Secret comprehensively bombards you with examples from all walks of life and all accounts of individuals from various backgrounds who are all in their own right successful, Go Suck a Lemon is a much more personal account of Dr. Micharl Cornwall. So much so it also includes a whole chapter deticated to his down syndrome sister who taught him a good few lessons on emotional intelligence. The mantra repeated in this book is of taking ownership of our emotion